CARL’S POSITIONS ON THE U.S.—ISRAEL RELATIONSHIP
- Israel is a critical partner of the United States: I believe that Israel is a critical partner of the United States, California, and greater San Diego from every imaginable perspective: military, economic, political, technological, social, and cultural.
- Iran: Iran is the most serious threat to peace and security in the Middle East. Iran must NEVER be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon. Iran must discontinue its funding of terrorists groups and its nefarious activities in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Israel.
- Opposing the BDS Movement: We must recognize this movement for what it is, an anti-Semitic campaign with the goal of eliminating the Jewish state. I vehemently oppose BDS and will be a strong partner with pro-Israel groups and organizations that must offer a much-needed counter to this dangerous BDS Movement.
- Defense Collaboration: U.S. – Israel defense collaboration is the cornerstone of the lasting relationship between our two nations. As a member of Congress, I will support continued military assistance to Israel and ensure that the 10-year, $38 billion agreement signed in 2016 between our two nations is upheld.
- Peace Process: Israel has the right to defend itself from her neighbors and from terrorist organizations. Israel also has the right to co-exist peacefully with its Arab neighbors as the secure and prosperous homeland of the Jewish people.
- Delegitimation of Israel at United Nations: I will vigorously oppose efforts at the United Nations or anywhere else that seeks to demonize and delegitimize the State of Israel. The hatred and vitriol directed at Israel from its fiercest critics, who deny Israel’s very right to exist, is unacceptable.
- Jerusalem: Jerusalem is, and must always remain, the undivided capital of the State of Israel. I adamantly supported President Trump’s formal recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel.
- Standing with Chabad of Poway: I stand with Chabad of Poway and Rabbi Yisroel Goldstein. I pledge to be an ally in Congress and tell the story of Rabbi Goldstein’s courage to protect his congregation and the resilience of Chabad of Poway.
- Regional Stability: The United States should regularly evaluate the security situation in the region and take appropriate actions to ensure the qualitative military edge of Israel.